Sorry I didn’t post this yesterday, but here’s what I did:
Today we went to a soft play area. It had one of those massive inflatable slides.
When we first went up, Henry, James and I , we reached the top together, and I uttered the fatal words: “Ladies first.” It was a joke, my idea was that by saying ladies first and pushing the boys down, I would insult them. But then James got back at me by yelling as he slid down: “Ladies first, Gentlemen just before!”
I can take a joke, at first it was funny, but…
Henry refused to stop saying it! 😡 I’m at the top of the slide, he pushes past me: “Ladies first, Gentlemen just before”
I’m walking around, he pushes past me: “Ladies first, Gentlemen just before!”
I’m at the top of the play area, and he sees me (he’s far away from me at the bottom of the slide): “Ladies first Gentlemen just before!”
I’m sitting at a table reading, he runs up to me: “Ladies first, Gentlemen just before!”
So me and James (Henry said it to him too) plotted an exquisite revenge. Mwa ha ha ha! 😈 This was my plan:
- We wait until Henry has given up going up and down the slide for a while.
- James goes up and hides behind the partion of the steps and the slide (it’s an inflatable slide, so said partion is very thick.)
- I go up the steps and let Henry pass me and he says his annoying catchphrase.
- James grabs his arms and forces him to watch as I GO VICTORIOUSLY DOWN THE SLIDE!!!! 😈
This is what actually happened:
- We waited until Henry had given up going up and down the slide for a while.
- James went up and hid behind the partion of the steps and the slide
- The hole in our plan was revealed, we had forgotten that Henry had stopped going up and down the slide, so I went off to tempt him, meanwhile James went up and down the slide.
- I went up the steps, but James was at the bottom instead of the top!
- So I went up again and this time he didn’t say it!
- The rest of the plan went without a hitch.
Henry was really upset, so why do I feel so unforfilled? Could it be because by getting revenge I’ve become as bad as the person I wanted to get revenge on? No, it’s because HE WOULDN’T STOP SAYING IT!!!!!!!!!!!! 👿